Charmed Chronicles PLAY-LIST #reading #ya

Today I am doing a fun post on music!


Shiloh and Trent are big music lovers, so there are numerous songs and bands mentioned throughout the series, like “Adele” and “Rise Against.” The main character, Shiloh even has a black painted wall in her bedroom covered with random poems, song lyrics, and cutouts from fashion magazines. 

Her iPod is always on and playing softly in the background. So, I have put together just a few of the awesome songs—a collection of her character’s electric tastes in music—mentioned throughout this popular series. 


“Distance” by Christina Perri and Jason Mraz
First song that the hero, Trent played for the protagonist, Shiloh. It is almost cute and inquisitive. Best lyric: “Do you feel the way I do right now?”

“Never Let You Down” by The Verve Pipe
In the first book, BEAUTIFULLY BROKEN (part one), this song seemed very appropriate for everything going on between Trent and Shiloh. Best lyric: “I’m getting to love the thought of having you around. And I will never let you down.”

“Lovesong” by The Cure
This song expresses their budding romance and strong feelings developing between each other. It was not insta-love for Trent and Shiloh, but more like teenage hormonal lust. But slowly over time, they both realized that their attraction was much deeper than either one of them realized. Best lyric: “Whenever I’m alone with you. You make me feel like I am home again…”

“Turning Tables” by Adele
I love this song. It has the perfect lyrics for their complicated relationship. Both of these teens are insecure and afraid to love because they’ve been burned before. Best lyric: “So I won’t let you close enough to hurt me. No, I won’t ask you, you to just desert me I can’t give you what you think you gave me It’s time to say goodbye to turning tables, to turning tables…”

“Leave Out All The Rest” by Linkin Park
This song is really Trent’s song about himself and how he feels about the dysfunctional relationship that he has with his father. Best lyric: “I’m strong on the surface. Not all the way through. I’ve never been perfect. But neither have you.”

“Going Under” by Evanescence
This is Shiloh’s song about how she is growing up and becoming a stronger woman. One that her dad would be proud of. Best lyric: “So go on and scream. Scream at me I’m so far away, I won’t be broken again…”

“Bring Me to Life” by Evanescence
This song is really both Trent and Shiloh’s plea for love and acceptance. And how they want to save each other from the years of hurtful parental rejection in their lives. Best lyric: “Leading you down into my core where I’ve become so numb. Without a soul, my spirit’s sleeping somewhere cold. Until you find it there and lead it back home.”

“My Immortal” by Evanescence
This song has a special place in my heart because it represents both of the characters inner struggles to find inner peace. Best lyric: “These wounds won’t seem to heal. This pain is just too real. There’s just too much that time cannot erase.”

“Just Give Me a Reason” by P!nk and Nate Ruess
This melody reveals what Shiloh feels about crushing hard on Trent. Best lyric: “Right from the start. You were a thief, you stole my heart. And I your willing victim. I let you see the parts of me That weren’t all that pretty, And with every touch you fixed them.”

“In The End” by Linkin Park
These lyrics really mean a lot to Trent. He knew lying to Shiloh was a big mistake and it almost ruined their relationship. By losing her, he finally realized how much she meant to him. Best lyric: “I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it doesn’t even matter. I had to fall to lose it all…”

“Need You Now” by Lady Antebellum
Since Trent chooses most of the music while he and Shiloh are hanging together, this song was his way of expressing his feelings without exposing them. Best lyric: “And I wonder if I ever cross your mind? For me it happens all the time.”

“Never Tear Us Apart” by INXS
The lyrics of this song are interesting and really display the strong bond that is slowly forming between the two love interests. Trent tells her in one scene: “It’s you and me against the Underworld.” And he meant it. Best lyric: “I was standing. You were there. Two worlds collided. And they could never ever tear us apart…”

“You and Me” by Lifehouse
Definitely, Trent’s song to Shiloh about how he’s feeling in regards to their relationship. Best lyric: “Something about you now, I can’t quite figure out. Everything she does is beautiful. Everything she does is right…”

“Roar” by Katy Perry
This is completely Shiloh’s song, as she gets more and more confident about her witchy powers, which culminates (thus far) in a very kick-ass battle. That she wins. Best lyric: “I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire. ‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar…”

“Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle
Every time I write about Shiloh missing her dad, this song runs through my head. What teenaged girl thinks about all the things she won’t get to do with her dad when he’s no longer that constant, stabilizing presence in her life? Best lyric: “Trying her wings out in a great big world.”

“Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
Shiloh has spent her entire life looking for love and acceptance. The only stable element had been her dad. With his death, even though Shiloh was consumed with vengeance, this would be her moment of clarity. When she had that ‘ah-ha’ moment and realized that she really cared about Trent. Best lyric: “All along I believed I would find you.”

“You’re My Best Friend” by Queen
This is the Ariana and Shiloh song. Shows what Ari means to Shiloh, and how they’ve been through thick and thin together. Best lyric: “I’ve been wandering round. But I still come back to you, in rain or shine, you’ve stood by me, girl…”

“Stronger” (What Doesn’t Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson
This is without a doubt, Shiloh’s favorite song right now. She plays the song whenever she needs to get ready for a fight or boost up her confidence. Best lyric: “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Stand a little taller. Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone. What doesn't kill you makes a fighter; footsteps even lighter…”

"Earth, Wind, Fire, and Air" by the Hex Girls
Shiloh loves this song because it’s about respecting nature and the environment. Link: http://youtu.be/_F5z9mUWOUM  Best lyric: “Nature is a precious gift. It will make your spirits lift. Love the earth with your fire. It's in your world—your one desire…”

Well, that about encompasses the wide range of different songs and bands mentioned in this spellbinding new YA series. Hope you enjoyed the post! 




















author Kiersten White - Slayer - Buffy the Vampire Slayer Watcher’s Guides - Chosen Ones - Angel - girl squad - YA novels witches - Willow - Xander - Spike - free ebook - BtVS fanfiction - Sunnydale - Hellmouth - Faith - Scoobies - Buffy inspired fiction - Buffy Angel Fanfiction - Buffy the vampire slayer fanfic

No comments

I absolutely love hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for your comments. Please consider yourself awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top